The Garage Dance studio will host exceptional professional Tango teachers to offer an extensive collection of classes during 2018.
please ready below.
WEDENSDAYS : BEGINNERS / FUNDAMENTALS OF TANGO
CURRICULUM AS FOLLOWS:
|Embrace – Open and Close
Salida – Exit stance or musical phrase
Caminada – TheWalk
8-count basic step
Parallel and cross walk
Walk to the Cross – Cruzada
Front and Back Ocho
|Windmill turn – Molinete
Simple Turns – Giros
A Cut of the eight – Ocho Cortado
Simple foot stop – Parada
Followers’ embellishments – adorno
MONDAYS : INTERMEDIATE CURRICULUM TANGO/ VALS/ MILONGA
- Classic milonguero figures – This class reveals moves that can be immediately absorbed. Enrich your dance today. Take it to another level.
- Technique for men and women. Elegance, cadence, posture, musicality: rhythm and melody. Vital elements for a social dance.
- Masculine versus feminine adornments. Elegant body expressions that accompany the pause in the music.
- Boleos milongueros in close embrace. These movements represent musical effects withour using space on the dance floor.
- Male and female Barridas (sweeps). This class reveals the specific techniques of all existing barridas. Technique for men and women in detail. (Inter)
- How to dance tango between the figures. The figures do not mean tango. Among them there are musical movements that separate figures for efficiency in the organization of the dance.
- How to know and provide sufficient time for the woman and the man to execute adornments and have independent participation.
- Consecutive turns (giros). Turns on two axes are important for the development of the waltz. The termination of such participation involves the participation of the women with respect to adornments, and the musical presence of specific movements. .
- Pencils with female glides (lapices con planeos). Pencils are figures of tango salon. These figures contain secrets of execution that will be revealed in these classes. Female glides demonstrate lines and posture essential for the image of tango or waltz right through the body and female lines.
- Female and male sacadas. Perfect for waltz. These movements help to accentuate the musicality through the movements.
- Reviving old movements. In the old times, the movements were realized organically. The chained movements are impressionable movements that decorate the Vals and enhance the dance.
- Walks with crosses are a sophisticated form, full of surprises and musical movement. Walks with crosses requires great technical knowledge enhancing posture and embrace; realizing the elegance of the waltz.
TUESDAYS : ADVANCE CLASSES IN TANGO / VALS / MILONGA
CLASS START DATE WILL BE DETERMINED …
- Milonga as it should be danced. This class teaches how to dance Milonga as a separate and different dance from the tango or waltz.
- Milonga. Perfection in Implementing core is urgently necessary for the future of dancer.
- Complex figures and compounded turns. Building blocks for navigation and improvisation in tango, Vals and Milonga
- Pencils with stops (lapices con paradas). Excellent figures for the dance floor. Technique for men and women specifically focusing on these movements.
- The Art of leaning (apilarce). Leaned figures with great female adornments that enhance the connection, the pause and highlights the woman’s participation.
- Sacadas and contra sacadas- This old tango movement will be reviewed in detail for the pleasure of the dancers. (Advanced)
- 100% Cadence (Cadencia). A mystical classic milonguero movement that softens the general movements through the famous tango suspensions
WEDENSDAY GUIDED PRACTICAS 8-10 PM CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
Performance Groups Classes to be determined …
This class is for couples Only an Extensive program of complex figures that carry’s a scenario or a story related to the History and culture of tango Dancing.
It’s going to be lots of energy, fun and much more than just social dancing.
THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Take your Tango dancing to the next level and learn an exciting formation routine;
- Meet new friends and join our adventurous dancing family;
- Learn the art of stage performance;
- Perform in front of a friendly and appreciative audience
- Improve posture, expression and musicality, lead and follow skills.
You need to be at least an Intermediate level dancer. Commitment is very important to ensure you make the most out of your dancing and time invested and to keep the high standard of the performance group. You should not miss more than two rehearsals in the training period.